Sunday, December 30, 2007

Remorse and Guilt.

We are a person, an individual with different roles to play and fulfill, but how many can we sustain without feeling the guilt of neglecting the other?

We have roles to play; student/child-daughter, son/ friends/grandchild/mentor/girlfriend, boyfriends etc, the list can goes on with whatever comes into your mind. For me, family and friends means a lot to me. But weighing both of these equally, I feel that it's so much harder to say no to either party. I felt guilty all the times when I can't meet up with my darlings and felt so remorseful that they have find time out to meet. But on the other hand, when I meet up with them instead of spending some time with my family, I feel equally guilty after all my parents worked 5 days a week and weekends are the only time we can go out for dinner or spend some time at home with each other company (though it can be boring at times). One SMS actually made me felt caged that my dad still restrict me at this age, it makes me think about am I too dependent on my parents or just fear. I don't know, I longed to be like my friends and cousins who can go out till late without having "curfew" at 12mn, but having the trust that I'll be home no matter how late or at least let them know about my locations. I don't know, I just want to go out and have fun and no worries about meeting the curfew and everything, I understand their standpoint. It somewhat puzzles me why some parents are more willing to let their child to be out late than some.

Loved and take care

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home